General Hospital #6 was also called Keen Hospital and was formerly the building of Keen, Baldwin and Company, dry goods.

It was opened before June 1862 with 86 patients and was destroyed in the evacuation fire.

General Hospital #6 was located on the north side of Main Street near the intersection of Governor Street which is approximately the present address 1306 East Main Street.

From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.

Go to top