From the Richmond Enquirer, 1861-01-04, p. 1, c. 1
JOS. R. ANDERSON, JOHN F. TANNER,
ROBERT ARCHER, R. S. ARCHER.
TREDEGAR IRON WORKS,
THANKFUL or the liberal encouragement extended to us by our Southern friends, we have spared no expense in extending our facilities to meet the increased demand for our various manufactures. In our
CAR WHEEL DEPARTMENT,
we have made extensive improvements, by the addition to our WHEEL FOUNDRY of a building 65 by 70 feet, and the introduction of the most modern and improved machinery.
Our Wheels are bored by a self-centering horizontal Machine, and are drawn on the Axle by a powerful Hydraulic Press, furnished with an indicator, by which the force applied to the Wheel is accurately measured.
We continue to manufacture, from best CHARCOAL METAL:
Bar Iron; Railroad Chairs; Railroad and Ship Spikes; Railroad Wheels; Truck Bolts ad Fish Bars; Car and Truck Axles; Bridge and other long Bolts; Iron Trucks; Cannon and Projectiles, all kinds; Iron and Brass Castings; Locomotive, Stationary and Portable Engines; Saw and Grist Mills; Sugar Mills and Engines.
J. R. ANDERSON & CO.
Oct 4 – cly