From the Richmond Dispatch, 5/21/1862, p. 2, c. 4
Castle Godwin. – There are now about sixty inmates in this famous prison. Frederick Shaffer has been appointed warden, vice Geo. Frebmyer removed. Among the prisoners are Miss Anne Scott, of Leesburg, and Mrs. Webster, who will, no doubt, be sent to their respective homes as soon as opportunity serves. This prison, owing to the care and vigilance of Assistant Provost Marshal Alexander, is a model of neatness and good order. It might well serve as a pattern for all other places of confinement.