From the Richmond Dispatch, 9/20/1862
Soldier's Home. – The huge, double brick factory of Crew & Conrad, on Cary street, nearly opposite the Libby prison, heretofore used as a hospital, is now being fitted up as a "Soldiers' Home." By agreement with the Government, Mr. Wm. L. McKimm is now putting in it bunks sufficient to serve twenty seven hundred men with sleeping accommodations. We presume the "Soldiers' Home" is intended for the use of soldiers temporarily detained in Richmond, and for convalescent patients at the hospitals, who may have to give place to wounded men.