From the Richmond Dispatch, 2/13/1862, p. 3, c. 5
Important Purchase by the Government.
We learn that Messrs. Talbott & Brother, proprietors of the extensive foundry corner of 17th and Cary streets, in this city, have sold out their entire establishment to the Navy Department. The sale includes the machinery and tools of all kinds, stock on hand, work completed and manufacturing material, with a lease of the buildings. An officer of the Navy has been appointed general superintendent. This establishment has recently finished and sent off five double engines for gun-boats constructing at a point which we need not mention.