From the Richmond Commercial Bulletin, 7/3/1865, p. 3, c. 3

THE PONTOON BRIDGE, being no longer needed, from the re-opening of the old route across the river, formerly spanned by Mayo’s bridge, are in process of destruction. The boats and lumber are being removed by the Engineer corps, and will be used for other beneficial and convenient purposes.

Go to top