From the Richmond Examiner, 7/21/1863, p. 1, c. 4
DISCONTINUANCE OF HOSPITALS. – Hospital No. 22, Main and Twenty-fifth streets, has been discontinued, and Dr. Fox, the surgeon in charge, ordered to report at Winchester for duty.
The opening of the new hospital at Camp Jackson, with accommodations for from six to nine hundred patients, has enabled the authorities to close a number of the smaller hospitals in the heart of the city. The patients have been removed to the Chimborazo, Camp Winder, Camp Jackson, and other general hospitals.