From the Richmond Whig, 4/10/1865
ALL THE HOSPITALS of the city have been taken possession of by the military authorities, and are used for the care and comfort equally of the Federal and Confederate sick and wounded. A number of Confederate Surgeons left in the city have been paroled to attend to the Confederate sick and wounded. The Chimborazo, Winder, Jackson and Howard's Grove Hospitals – four of the principal Confederate Hospitals – are used for the accommodation of the Federal wounded. Their accommodations are for about twenty-four thousand beds, which accommodations were left entire by the Confederate authorities.