From Richmond Dispatch, 4/16/1861, p. 1
MAIN ST. HOSPITAL FOR SLAVES. –
This Hospital is situated near the corner of Main and 26th streets, and is admirably adapted in airiness, privacy and healthfulness of position, to the purposes for which it has been instituted, namely: For MEDICAL, SURGICAL and OBSTETRICAL treatment of SLAVES. The rules and regulations governing this institution have already been published. A circular containing full particulars will be furnished those who may desire further information.
TERMS. – Patients per week, $5; less than a week, $1 per diem; but the aggregate shall not exceed the charge for a full week. Patients attending the daily examinations (not fit subjects for HOSPITAL CONFINEMENT,) charged the regular fee adopted by the profession at large. The above charges include board, medicine, medical attendance and nursing. Surgical operations charged according to rules of other Hospitals of the city. For further information, apply to the Physician resident at the Hospital, or to either of the undersigned Physicians and Proprietors.
FRS. W. HANCOCK, M. D.,
Main st., bet. 3d and 4th, or No. 136 Main st.
ST. GEO. PEACHY, M. D.,
Exchange Hotel, or Grace st., bet. 5th and 6th.
R. S. VEST, M. D., Franklin st.,
Near Ballard House, or cor. Main and 7th sts.
Phillip S. HANCOCK, M. D.,
J. G. TREVILIAN, M. D.,
ap 19 – 1y