From the Richmond Dispatch, 9/12/1861
The Georgia Hospital. – A society has been formed in Georgia for the establishments in this city of a hospital for the relief of sick and wounded Georgia soldiers. A Board of Managers resident in this city has been elected, composed of the following gentlemen: Hon. Alexander H. Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederate States, Chairman; Dr. Henry F. Campbell, Physician of the Hospital, Vice-Chairman; Hon. Wm. M. Browne, Assistant Secretary of State; Hon. Phillip Clayton, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury; Wm. H. Pritchard and C. A. Smith, Esqs.
Large buildings on 21st street have been rented for the above benevolent purpose, capable of accommodating six or seven hundred patients, and arrangements are made to rent additional accommodation should the necessity arise.
The establishment is under the medical direction of Dr. H. F. Campbell, and steps are being taken to secure the services of a number of efficient horses, cooks, and other attendants.