From the Richmond Dispatch, 6/30/1866, p. 4, c. 2
TWO MORE NATIONAL CEMETERIES. – Two more national cemeteries have been located by the corps of workmen engaged under the direction of Lieutenant-Colonel Moore, A. Q. M. One has been called the “City Point Cemetery,” and is situated one mile from City Point, Va., near the banks of the Appomattox river, and contains four acres. The other is known as “Fort Harrison Cemetery,” and is established on a knoll half a mile east of Fort Harrison, on the Varina road, nine miles from Richmond, Va., and about three miles from Varina landing, on the James river. This cemetery contains one and three-quarter acres. The City Point Cemetery will contain all the dead that were buried on the left of the Jerusalem plank road and around City Point. Fort Harrison Cemetery will contain all the remains buried at Deep Bottom, Dutch Gap, and of those men who fell in the charge on Fort Harrison.