From the Richmond Daily Dispatch, 8/8/1861
St. Charles Hotel. - This capacious establishment, so kindly tendered by the owners, Messrs. R. H. Dickinson and Geo. W. Yancey, has been converted into a regular Hospital by the committee appointed to attend on our wounded and sick volunteers. The committee deserve great praises for their untiring exertion and strict attention to the wants of our sick and wounded. There is in attendance a regularly organized corps of Surgeons, among whom are Drs. J. F. Jackson and F. W. Hancock, of Richmond; Dr. Tuff, of Washington, D. C., and Dr. Jones, of Maryland. There are 160, or more, patients in the building.