From the Richmond Dispatch, 3/26/1863, p. 1, c. 1

The Workshops of the Virginia Central Railroad . – The extensive brick workshops recently built by the above company, at the head of Seventeenth or Valley street, are now occupied by the operatives of the company. Mr. W. G. Freeman, formerly master machinist at the shops of the Richmond and Danville railroad company, has been appointed in the same capacity on the Virginia Central road, Mr. N. W. Wildman, who formerly occupied the position, having been appointed sutler in Gen. A. P. Hill’s division.

Go to top